Justice for Refugees or ‘J4R’ is a judicial review referral service for fast track applicants in NSW or on Christmas Island who have received a negative decision from the Immigration Assessment Authority (‘IAA’) or been refused a protection visa and then excluded from review in the IAA.
What will J4R do?
J4R will try to find a barrister to provide advice on the prospects of success of applications for judicial review in the Federal Circuit Court (FCC). Depending on the advice, RACS may try to find representation to run the matter in the FCC.
How to get help from J4R
- Telephone RACS on 02 8355 7227; or
- Go to a RACS Outreach session (by appointment only):
- Monday, 10am-12pm at the Jesuit Refugee Service (Westmead)
- Wednesday,10am-12pm at Auburn Centre for Community
- Friday, 10am-12pm at the Jesuit Refugee Service (Westmead)