Refugee Advice and Casework Service is one of Australia’s leading refugee legal centres providing free, specialist legal assistance to people asylum seekers and refugees seeking to reunite with their families and we fight for their human rights every day.
We are an independent community legal centre (CLC). For over 25 years, RACS has been protecting and advocating for human rights for people seeking asylum, who have made it to Australia.
We have a team of human rights lawyers, who dedicate themselves to achieving positive outcomes for their clients. Our staff come from a wide range of cultural backgrounds. We have staff who speak Tamil, Farsi, Dari, Serbian, Urdu, Hazaragi, Arabic, Bosnian, Romanian and Ukrainian; and several have refugee backgrounds themselves.
RACS’ top strategic goals to protect the human rights of people seeking asylum and refugees are to:
- Provide quality legal advice, case management and representation for financially disadvantaged and vulnerable people seeking asylum and family reunion
- Provide community education on changes to Refugee law
- Provide outreach services to asylum seeker and refugee partner organisations
- Advocate for systemic reform
- Maintain an effective and expert staff team.
A fair and just decision-making process for people seeking asylum in Australia, including access to legal services.
RACS exists to help people seeking protection in Australia by providing free, specialist legal assistance.
Human dignity, integrity and independence.